Barter: trade a weaving for a…?
Some people don’t have much money, or value other things more highly. My exclusive weavings, handmade in the UK where I face UK living costs and am *trying* to achieve the minimum wage, are too expensive for many. I’m open to barter if you have something you might like to swap for a weaving (for yourself or for your loved ones). Currently things I might pay for in weaving are:
- A place to park somewhere Celtic or Dartmoorish (this is an ongoing need, short or medium term, especially over winter)
- A small, lightweight but adult-strong, wooden bunk bed ladder
- A supply of organic produce/local free range, non-grain-fed meat
- A working digital SLR camera [sorted; to be delivered this week – yey!]
- A working iPhone (5 or newer) with good battery life remaining; OR an iPad or tablet that supports both the Etsy and Instagram apps and has a decent camera and takes a SIM card)
- Publicity – e.g. press articles; radio airtime; audiovisual; social media
- A working piano accordion [sorted, x 2, yey again!]
- Singing lesson(s)
- Mechanicry (when I’m not in Devon, where I’m sorted)
- Recording studio/production time (not that I’m quite ready yet, but I like to float ideas as they arise)
- Other musical favours – anyone able to make a bagpipe/melodica hybrid?! (Though you might not want a lifetime’s supply of blankets – I might just have to amass some gold for this last one sometime!)
Keep an eye on this page for updates if you’re interested (and Facebook, especially, for the live feeds), and get in touch – there will be far more things than I’ve listed that I haven’t thought of.
Photographable barterings thus far include: