Barter: trade you a weaving for a…?
First feudalism, then capitalism, now mutualism… I understand a debt money system to be the locking mechanism for a socially and environmentally destructive race-to-the-bottom economics. Creating alternative credit systems may be our best act of resistance. To help build the credit commons, and to eventually buy my weavings by multilateral barter (aka mutual credit), consider joining my Facebook (sorry) group Towards a moneyless marketplace.
My exclusive weavings, handmade in the UK where I face UK living costs and am trying to achieve the minimum wage, are too expensive for many. I’m open to barter if you have something you might like to swap for weaving credit (for yourself or for your loved ones). Currently, and depending on my whereabouts in relation to you, things I might pay for in weaving are:
- Organic vegetables
- Organic wholefoods
- Sustainably caught fish
- Local, free range, grass-fed or wild caught meat (especially lamb, fowl and game)
- Diesel (or much better, 100% CLEAN, filtered, used chip fat)
And possibly in future…
- Low-impact (organic) small-farmed, vegetable dyed wool (probably yarn, but soft, lustrous fleeces considered, e.g. BFL, Leicester Long Wool, Gotland, Alpaca…)
- Old wooden furniture
- EMF shielding products
- Natural toiletries
- Publicity – e.g. press articles; radio airtime; audiovisual; social media plugging
- Handcrafted, functional household items – basketry, ceramics, furniture, kitchenware, bedlinen
- Accordion lessons
- Singing lessons
- Other handmade eco-clothing
- Building, plumbing and electrical services
- A non-bromide mattress
- Mercedes 208D spare van parts
- A wooden melodica, or wooden melodica/bagpipe hybrid (with bellows instead of a mouthpiece)
- Naturopathy, osteopathy, Shiatsu, Counselling
Keep an eye on this page for updates if you’re interested (and Facebook, especially, for the live feeds), and get in touch – there will be far more things than I’ve listed that I haven’t thought of.