Barter: trade a weaving for a…?
I understand a debt money system to be the locking mechanism for a socially and environmentally destructive race-to-the-bottom economics. Boycotting money, or reducing our dependency on it, may be our best act of resistance. Also, my exclusive weavings, handmade in the UK where I face UK living costs and am trying to achieve the minimum wage, are too expensive for many. I’m open to barter if you have something you might like to swap for weaving credit (for yourself or for your loved ones). Currently things I might pay for in weaving are:
- A supply of organic produce/local free range, non-grain-fed meat
- A small, lightweight but adult-strong, wooden bunk bed ladder
- A working iPhone (7 or newer) with good battery life remaining; OR a working iPad or tablet that supports both the Etsy and Instagram apps, has a decent camera and takes a SIM card)
- Publicity – e.g. press articles; radio airtime; audiovisual; social media
- Singing lesson(s)
- Mechanicry (when I’m not in Devon, where I’m sorted)
- Other handmade eco-clothing
- Possibly in the mid-term: building skills; gardening/tree surgery jobs
- A beautiful place to park somewhere Celtic or Dartmoorish (this is an ongoing need, short or medium term, especially over winter)
- Recording studio/production time (not that I’m quite ready yet, but I like to float ideas as they arise)
- Other musical favours – anyone able to make a bagpipe/melodica hybrid?! (Though you might not want a lifetime’s supply of blankets – I might just have to amass some gold for this last one sometime!)
- A working digital SLR camera [sorted; to be delivered this week – yey!]
- A working piano accordion [sorted, x 2, yey again!]
Keep an eye on this page for updates if you’re interested (and Facebook, especially, for the live feeds), and get in touch – there will be far more things than I’ve listed that I haven’t thought of.