Barter: trade you a weaving for a…?
I understand a debt money system to be the locking mechanism for a socially and environmentally destructive race-to-the-bottom economics. Creating alternative credit systems may be our best act of resistance.
My exclusive weavings, handmade in the UK where I face UK living costs and am trying to achieve the minimum wage, are too expensive for many. I’m open to barter if you have something you might like to swap for weaving credit (for yourself or for your loved ones). Currently, and depending on my whereabouts in relation to you, things I might pay for in weaving are:
- Low-impact (organic) small-farmed, vegetable dyed wool (probably yarn, but soft, lustrous fleeces considered, e.g. BFL, Leicester Long Wool, Gotland, Alpaca…)
- A supply of organic produce
- Organic wholefoods
- Sustainably caught fish
- Local, free range, grass-fed or wild caught meat
- Old wooden furniture
- EMF shielding products
- Natural toiletries
- Publicity – e.g. press articles; radio airtime; audiovisual; social media plugging
- A tripod for a Nikon camera, 1.5m high approx.
- Handcrafted, functional household items – basketry, ceramics, furniture, kitchenware, bedlinen
- Accordion lessons
- Singing lessons
- Mechanicry (when I’m not in Devon, where I’m sorted)
- Other handmade eco-clothing
- Building, plumbing and electrical services
- A non-bromide mattress
- Mercedes swivel seats (for the cab of my van), and possibly other Mercedes 208D spare van parts
- A wooden melodica, or wooden melodica/bagpipe hybrid (with bellows instead of a mouthpiece)
- A small, lightweight but adult-strong bunk bed ladder
- Intermittently, a beautiful place to park somewhere Celtic or Dartmoorish
Keep an eye on this page for updates if you’re interested (and Facebook, especially, for the live feeds), and get in touch – there will be far more things than I’ve listed that I haven’t thought of.