Barter: trade a weaving for a…?
I understand a debt money system to be the locking mechanism for a socially and environmentally destructive race-to-the-bottom economics. Creating alternative credit systems may be our best act of resistance.
My exclusive weavings, handmade in the UK where I face UK living costs and am trying to achieve the minimum wage, are too expensive for many. I’m open to barter if you have something you might like to swap for weaving credit (for yourself or for your loved ones). Currently things I might pay for in weaving are:
- A working iPhone (penultimate model) with new battery; OR a working iPad or tablet that supports both the latest Etsy and Instagram apps, has a decent camera/lens and takes a SIM card
- A supply of organic produce/local free range, non-grain-fed meat
- old wooden furniture
- EMF shielding
- natural cosmetics
- Publicity – e.g. press articles; radio airtime; audiovisual; social media
- Singing lesson(s)
- Mechanicry (when I’m not in Devon, where I’m sorted)
- Other handmade eco-clothing
- Possibly in future: building, plumbing and electrical skills
- A wooden melodica, or wooden melodica/bagpipe hybrid (with bellows instead of a mouthpiece)
- A small, lightweight but adult-strong bunk bed ladder
- A beautiful place to park somewhere Celtic or Dartmoorish (this may soon be obselete, tbc)
Keep an eye on this page for updates if you’re interested (and Facebook, especially, for the live feeds), and get in touch – there will be far more things than I’ve listed that I haven’t thought of.